The brass hexagon is a product made of an alloy of copper and zinc with a predominance of copper (63% on average). The cross-section of the product is a 6-sided figure with equal sides. It is made by hot or cold rolling, then the product is kneaded to obtain the desired shape. Then the rod can be calibrated – then its parameters will become as accurate as possible.
Brass hexagon is used as a semi-finished product for the production of small parts and elements: fasteners, small tools, fittings, parts of devices, in electrical engineering. This metal is resistant to wear and various types of damage, and withstands medium loads.
Advantages of brass hexagons
- Don’t rust;
- They have quite good levels of thermal and energy conductivity;
- Safe for the environment and human health;
- Biologically inert;
- They have a low coefficient of friction;
- More durable than pure copper hexagon. Withstands medium load;
- Resistant to working with chemicals;
- Hard and tough;
- Suitable for processing by any available method, including drilling, bending, milling, welding, polishing and others;
- They look beautiful and are suitable for decorating rooms and surroundings.
How to use a brass hexagon
This type of rolled metal is widely used in almost all areas of human activity:
- For the production of working tools: Allen keys and others;
- For turning screws for gearboxes and pistons;
- In construction, in complex, simple and medium-loaded structures;
- For the production of fittings, fasteners, accessories;
- In the production of decorative elements for the interiors of buildings, courtyards, city streets;
- In machine construction, in particular in aviation construction and the automotive industry, in the production of space equipment and vessels;
- For the chemical industry;
- In energy.
We will contact you within one working day.